Why SEO is important?
In today’s competitive market, SEO marketing is more important than ever it was.
Search engines serve million of users in a day looking for solutions to their questions.
If you own a web site, blog or online store, SEO can help your business to grow and meet the business objectives.
Search engine optimization is important because:
1. The majority of search engines users are likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages. To take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store, your website needs to appear in one of the top positions.
2. SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords users are searching, increases the trust.
3. SEO is good for the promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google are more likely to promote it on social media channels.
4. SEO is better for the smooth running of a web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common checklists to use before publishing content on the site.
5. SEO can put you ahead of the competitors. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
What are the main stages of the Search Engine Optimization process?
As I mentioned above, SEO is not a static process but rather a framework with rules and processes.
For simplicity though, SEO can be broken down into 3 main stages:
1. Technical SEO: With technical SEO you can ensure that search engines can crawl and index your website with out any issues.
2. On-site SEO: Rules to apply on your site and content to make it search engine friendly.
3. Off-site SEO: Ways to promote your website or blog so that it can rank higher in search results.